ThinkChina Student Forum
ThinkChina Student Forum is an ambitious student initiative organizing a broad range of social and academic events. Like an elixir consisting of equal parts never-ending friendships and hardcore scholarship, we are experimenting on the balance, hoping to achieve the perfect recipe for great scholarly content, Chinese language learning, and knowledge about culture and society, while at the same time socialising in a laid back manner. Stirring the pots are volunteering wizards from China Studies at UPCH “with a little help from our friends” at other faculties such as Social Sciences.
Our work has many facets, but overall we have two main objectives:
- We want to be a platform for social interaction between young Danish students and the new-coming generation of Chinese university students.
- We want to make knowledge about China not only accessible, but also easy and enjoyable for our fellow students.
In this way, we will help you get equipped with the tools and network necessary for engaging with research in and about China as a Western scientist. Beside from the inevitable aspect of guanxi (network), our aim is also to strengthen the bond between China Studies internally as well as with other faculties and institutions with traditions for engaging with China. We want to facilitate opportunities for idea sharing concerning the scientific aspect itself, but also regarding relevant student jobs and internships.
What we actually do
Come have a snack while enjoying a Chinese movie - or attend one of our language cafés "Kinacafé 汉语角", where our Chinese friends are coming from all across the country (and from many different backgrounds) to encounter some of that Danish culture and make friends with us! If you are more into the academic stuff, we also host various kinds of events presenting and discussing e.g. senior students’ latest research projects or telling about their experiences with living in China and studying at UPCH in general. For the truly dedicated - or if you just like the hyggelige qifen (atmosphere) - we also have a book club, where we work our way through Chinese must-reads, while enjoying a nice meal, drinks, snacks, and the company, of course!
- The books we read are always old or new Chinese masterpieces. However, we read them in Danish or sometimes English, so fear not.
- You sign up for one book at a time, get the book (for free!), and after an appropriate amount of time, we meet up at one of our places. We make sure give everyone plenty of time to read it.
- The meeting program is jam-packed with all sorts of good stuff; TCSF will usually treat you with dinner, drinks, snacks - you name it! And of course, we will have the discussion of the book, as well as a lot of cosy smalltalk and China gossip. Reflections of the book span everything from the general reading experience with impressions and judgements, to academic analysis, historic parallels, and, naturally, nerdy points on the translation - we can't help it! So no matter your literary background, you and your reflections are appreciated here :)
A couple of times a year, we meet up to watch a Chinese movie together; old classics, kong fu frenzies, artsy alternatives or modern melodramas - we love 'em all! We usually host this at a room at Southern Campus, in our Café, or it could also be at one of our members' homes. We always make sure there is stuff to eat and drink, all you have to do is show up and have a nice time together with us :)
Bring a friend if you like, and also feel free to recommend a movie for next time!
Keep an eye on our Facebook Page where we will announce the next event.
Is your Chinese a little rusty and lacking practice?
Have you just started learning Chinese?
Are you interested in language exchange?
Or maybe you just want to make some friends...
Look no further! ThinkChina Student Forum is hosting Chinese Language Café every friday at Søndre Campus, University of Copenhagen.
We wish to bring people who are interested in China, Chinese culture and of course language together in order to learn from each other while having fun. Bring your friends, language partner(s), boyfriends, girlfriends and most importantly yourself!
If you are interested in joining us for some language exchange and meet some lovely folks, follow our Facebook Page for more information about Chinese Language Café and other China-related events.
There will be freshly brewed coffee, tea and different snacks.
When: Every friday during the semester, 14:30-16:30
Where: "Barstionen" at Søndre Campus (KUA), Karen Blixens Vej 4. Building 10, 3rd floor, room 68 (10.3.68)
Where are we?
- Facebook: Follow us on Facebook to get information about our upcoming events, read the papers on China we share, join the book club, and other cool stuff! This is also where you can contact us if you have any questions or comments - or maybe you want to join us?
- Instagram: Follow us on Instagram to see pictures from our various activities and to get "China-inspiration"
- Address: Most of our events take place at the South Campus of UCPH, but we will make sure to write on the event where it takes place.
Our language café "Kinacafé 汉语角" takes place at the student bar, BARstionen, at Søndre Campus (KUA), Karen Blixens Vej 4. Building 10, 3rd floor, room 68 (10.3.68).
We also want to share our nice experiences with everyone - to help find something fun or interesting, challenging, or educating. Therefore we have made this list, where you can add various titles to help others, and of course take a look yourself to get inspired!
匆匆那年 (Fleet of Time)
那些年，我们一起追的女孩 (You Are the Apple of My Eye)
妖猫传 (Legend of the Demon Cat)
道士下山 (Monk Comes Down the Mountain)
霸王别姬 (Farewell, My Concubine)
金陵十三钗 (The Flowers of War)
花样年华 (In the Mood For Love)
重庆森林 (Chungking Express)
东邪西毒 (Ashes of Time)
甜蜜蜜 (Comrades: Almost a Love Story)
谁先爱上他的 (Netflix: Dear Ex)
后来的我们 (Netflix: Us and Them)
捉妖记 1、2 (Monster Hunt 1, – 2)
大鱼海棠 （动画）(Big Fish & Begonia)
我的少女时代 (Our Time)
黄金时代 (The Golden Era)
绣春刀 (Brotherhood of Blades)
绣春刀II：修罗战场 (Brotherhood of Blades 2: The Infernal Battlefield)
无问西东 (Forever Young)
左耳 (The Left Ear)
撒娇的女人最好命 (Women Who Flirt)
搜索 (Caught in the Web)
梅兰芳 (Forever Enthralled)
色、戒 (Lust, Caution)
十面埋伏 (House of Flying Daggers)
一代宗师 (The Grand Master)
活着 (To Live)
- 中国唱诗班 (Choir of Chinese Poems: korte animationer med små søde historier – kan findes på YouTube, med engelsk sub)
- Rejsen Hjem (Underholdende kinesisk film)
- Folk der sætter rekorder, og har vilde talenter. Spændende og ok nemt at følge fordi det er så visuelt.
- Om: https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/挑戰不可能
- Flavorful Origins (Netflix)
- 舌尖上的中国 (A Bite of China)
- 演员请就位 (Everybody Stand By)
- 声临其境 (The Sound)
- 乘风破浪的姐姐 (Sisters Who Make Waves)
- 伪装者 (The Disguiser)
- 琅琊榜 (Nirvana in Fire)
- 天盛长歌 (The Rise of Phoenixes)
- 河神 (Netflix: Tientsin Mystic)
- 谁是被害者 (Netflix: The Victim’s Game)
- 陈情令 (Netflix: The Untamed)
- 知否知否应是绿肥红瘦 (The Story of Minglan)
- 如果蜗牛有爱情 (When a Snail Falls in Love)
- 长安十二时辰 (The Longest Day In Chang’an)
- 他来了请闭眼 (Love Me, If You Dare)
- 庆余年 (Joy of Life)
- 延禧攻略 (Story of Yanxi Palace)
- 金枝玉叶 / 延禧攻略2 (Netflix: Yanxi Palace - Princess Adventures)
- 全职高手 (Netflix: A King’s Avatar)
- 甄嬛传 (Netflix: Empresses In the Palace)
- 三生三世系列：十里桃花 (Eternal Love)、枕上书 (The Pillow Book)、宸汐缘 (Love and Destiny)
- 鬓边不是海棠红 (Winter Begonia)
- 致我们暖暖的小时光 (Netflix: Put Your Head on My Shoulder)
- 三十而已 (Nothing But Thirty)
等等啊我的青春！(Netflix: Wait, My Youth)
传闻中的陈芊芊 (The Romance of Tiger and Rose)
- SQ 从你的名字开始
- Yiyun Li:
- Efter tusind års fromme bønner (noveller)
- Yu Hua:
- Den syvende dag
- 夏达作品： 长歌行、步天歌、拾遗录
- Sinica Podcast
- Godt men er stoppet. Man kan høre tidligere udsendelser online eller i podcast app.
- Handler om alt (også ift. Danmark).
- Learning Chinese through Stories
- Rigtig god til at bedre lytteforståelsen. De taler langsomt og gentager.
- Lærer sprog og lidt kultur.
- The History of China
- The China History Podcast
- McKinsey Greater China
- 姐妹悄悄话 (Spotify)
- 听故事学中文 (Spotify)
- 故事fm: En rigtigt godt podcast med skøre og rørende personlige historier
- 中国通史 (Spotify)
- 王蓉 Kvinde, pop med gang i nogle af sangene
- 李荣浩 Mand, stille pop
- Gen Neo 梁根荣
- DP龙猪 （李龙飞）
- A-Lin 黄丽玲
- 高尔宣 OSN
- Ximalaya/听: Ift. at lære sprog, så kan jeg varmt anbefale Ximalaya/听 appen, som jeg selv fik anbefalet af en kinesisk ven. Den kan hentes gratis i appstore. Der er et hav af forskellige historier/fiktion, podcasts og talkshows. Jeg har stadigvæk ikke helt overblik over appen, da der er sindssygt meget, men der burde være noget for alle niveauer. Appen er også nem at stoppe og spole i, hvis man skal finde frem til nogle tegn.
- Pleco: Super god ordbog (kinesisk og engelsk), der kan alt! Med flashcards, strøg, radikaler, forståelse, grammatik, historie osv. Der er en gratis udgave, men vil anbefale at købe det, det er et engangsbeløb og en rigtig god investering. Det er billigere for studerende.
- Duolingo (sprog)
- Radicals (sprog)
- ChineseSkill (sprog)
- Chengyu (idiomer - sprog - nørdet og dejlig)
- HSKVocabulary (sprog)
- WeChat: Kinas #1 SoMe. Ligesom Facebook/WhatsApp etc. Alle bruger den - til alt.
- Air Matters (luftkvalitet tjek)
- maps.me (kort, som fungerer i Kina)
- 美团外卖 (Just eat i Kina)
- Mobile (Lej bycykler)
- Ofo (Lej bycykler（
- Beijing Metro
- DiDi (taxa APP)
- 铁路 12306 (rejsekort og billetter)